SORRY, WE’RE BOOKED UP FOR OUR 2015 GIANT LOOP RIDE. SCROLL DOWN TO SIGN THE WAITING LIST.
If you have already reserved your space with a paid deposit, you can pay the second half here to be paid in full:
4th Annual Giant Loop Ride: Summer Lake Hot Springs Oregon Backcountry Overnighter, JUNE 6-7
Join Giant Loop for off-road adventure in Oregon’s beautiful high desert. This is a great way to get a taste of the amazing riding here in Central Oregon – and to meet some new riding friends.
This year, we are limiting registration?to the first 100 who register by paying a $75 refundable deposit now. The deposit will be refunded if you cancel before May 17. The second $75 will be due by May 17, and we will give any spots away to riders on our waiting list if any of the first 100 do not complete their registrations by the deadline. Or, commit now with the full $150 reservation, and you’re in with nothing more to worry about.
WE HAVE 100 RIDERS PRE-REGISTERED! PLEASE JOIN THE WAITING LIST. WE WILL GIVE CANCELATION SPOTS TO RIDERS ON THE WAITING LIST IN THE ORDER BY DATE – THE SOONER YOU SIGN UP THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A SPOT.
All street-legal bike types welcome – dual sport, adventure touring – and you?can choose?a from at least four different routes and groups to suit most any bike and rider skill level. Or, form your own group and ride your own route. This is not a guided trip, your fees cover camping, hot springs access and the meals and snacks Giant Loop provides (Saturday breakfast and dinner and Sunday breakfast). For riders who come to Bend on Friday, we will have a volunteer OHV Trash Pick-Up event. Watch your email for more details and updates!
Great camping – and rental cabins (book directly with Summer Lake Hot Springs) await at the end of the trail.
Enjoy the genuine Oregon Backcountry motorcycle experience with your friends.
We’ll send more specifics and details in the next few weeks, but here are the basics:
Giant Loop OHV trash pick day! Come a day early and help us clean up local riding areas.
Morning – Meet at Giant Loop shop in Bend for light breakfast. Choose routes and groups. Ride to Christmas Valley for gas/lunch.
Afternoon – Ride to Summer Lake Hot Springs, set up camp.
Evening – Enjoy dinner and beer, soak in the hot springs pools, share some laughs around the campfire.
Morning – Eat a hearty breakfast, break camp and ride your own chosen route with any group you wish.
Afternoon – Take the scenic route, meander and explore – or head off on a new adventure.
Tell all your friends how much fun you had, share pics and stories!
Details about the 4th Annual Giant Loop Ride:
* All riders are expected to be self-sufficient and equipped with all tools and supplies needed to be safe and comfortable.
* For your registration fee, Giant Loop is providing food, beverage and commemorative drink ware – all provided and delivered on private lands.
* This is not a paid guided trip. Riders are free to choose any route they wish to ride, and riders are responsible for all required permits, licenses, etc.
* Route suggestions and GPS tracks are provided free of charge for your convenience.
* We recommend using a SPOT tracker or similar device for self-rescue. Cell phone coverage is unreliable in rural Oregon. There are no support vehicles, and many available routes are far from medical and mechanical help.
* Unpaid volunteers will be available to facilitate forming groups of riders with similar skills, bike types and interests, but riders are responsible for themselves, are free to choose any route they wish to ride and are free to ride with any other riders – or by themselves as individuals.
We are getting more and more signups for the Giant Loop Summer Lake Ride. Today I talked to a party of four that will be joining us from Washington.
This is a reminder to riders that riding public land in Oregon requires an OHV permit, costing $10.50, and for Oregon residents, an OHV Safety Education card.
If you have a OHV permit from a bordering state, you are good to go. If you do not have a permit, you can buy one from a local dealer, even if the bike is licensed out of state and you are not an Oregon resident.?Here are links to the OHV Safety Training?and the OHV permit vendors.
Questions??Contact Harold at 971-832-3164 or ?email.
See you on the trail,
Team Giant Loop
Designed in Bend, Oregon USA | Ridden Worldwide