NEW 2017 GREAT BASIN SADDLEBAG ROLL TOP IS HERE!
SAME PRICE: USA MSRP $450 WITH ALL INCLUDED COMPONENTS (set of 3 waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air purge valves, Hot Springs Heat Shield kit)!
HIGHLIGHTS: More packable volume (68 liters with three full rolls to seal top), convenient roll-top closure, custom Giant Loop branded grab handles/compression straps, updated graphics, lock cable pass-through, lash loops for adding waterproof Possibles Pouches to back, side or front of Saddlebag legs — no additional racks, mounts or braces required!
UNIVERSAL FIT: Carry your gear where the passenger would sit on your motorcycle – the remarkably versatile Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger. Anchors to passenger footrest brackets and mounts on pillion seat of sport and sport touring bikes, standards, scramblers, nakeds and adventure touring and dual sport motorcycles.
2017 NIFTY 50 BEST NEW PRODUCTS – POWERSPORTS BUSINESS!
NEW 2017! Introducing the Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top, a fresh update of the original biomorphic, horseshoe-shaped Saddlebag design that Giant Loop pioneered in 2009. The Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top features a convenient rolling closure that seals out water and dust while maintaining all the unique “go light, go fast, go far” features of our zipper closure Great Basin Saddlebag.
Other enhancements include a greater range of compression and expandability (68 liters with one roll to seal out dust), sewn-on molded rubber badges, Giant Loop branded grab handles that double as side compression straps, a set of 3 RF-welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air purge valves, and drains in the bottoms of the Saddlebag’s “legs” that allow water to escape if it manages to penetrate the highly water resistant out shell (yea, we understand – we’ve dunked our bikes in streams crossings, too!). Made in USA. Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects.
“The best hard-core saddlebag and tank-bag solution we’ve found is from Giant Loop…. There are cheaper solutions to carrying stuff, but these American-made pieces have been over mountains and across deserts with no issues.” — Cycle World Magazine
The Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top delivers everything needed to mount up hit the road:
- 68+ liters of packable volume (68 liters with three full waterproof rolls, more with one roll to seal out dust)
- Set of 3 RF welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods with air release valves included
- Side compression straps with custom Giant Loop molded rubber grab handles
- Super tough, highly water resistant vinyl tarp outer shell reinforced with ballistic nylon
- Beavertail and cinch ring with side-release buckled compression straps that integrate with double-end Rogue Dry Bag and Tillamook Dry Bag (available separately), as well as the single-ended feature rich Torngat Tunnel Bag
- Lash loops to attach Possible Pouch external pockets to back, side or front of Saddlebag “legs”
- Separate mounting and compression straps for easy gear access
- Reinforced Roll Top closure
- Cable lock pass-though to secure bag to bike while parked. Optional: QuickLoop Cables + OnGuard Padlock available here.
- Reflective accents for visibility
- 1 Hot Springs Heat Shield (laser-cut aluminum + stainless steel clamp) included
- Military-spec materials and construction
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects
- Made in U.S.A.
Compare to the original Great Basin Saddlebag.
Expand the Great Basin Saddlebag Roll Top with Giant Loop’s adventure proof packing system:
- Choose a Combination option for enhanced storage and accessibility by adding a color-matched Fandango Pro Tank Bag, a feature rich Torngat Tunnel Bag, double-ended Tillamook Dry Bag and new waterproof roll-top Possibles Pouches.
- Add a pair of stainless steel Giant Loop Mounts to help keep anchor straps away from hot exhaust.
- Create quick anchors on the tail of the motorcycle with our Footmans Loop Anchor Kit.
- Complete your kit with a slim Giant Loop Tank Bag that provides quick gear storage but stays out of the way when riding hard standing on the pegs.
• Weight: 6 lbs with all included components
• Dimensions (fully packed):
56″ – bottom of pannier, across top to bottom of other pannier bucket
Basically the same as before, with a little more “doming” on top due to increased “front to back” distance.
10″ – height of bag in top center
Again, the difference here is mostly a result of the “front to back” measurement below allowing the top to arc more when stuffed full.
6″ – distance from inside to outside of pannier bucket bottom
This dimension didn’t change – I think this is simply a more accurate measurement taken at very bottom of the “leg.”
14″ – front to back in top center
This is where/why we picked up an additional 10 liters of volume (60 vs. 50), by adding nearly 2″ in this plane. No change in the way the bag mounts or rides, just a bit roomier for sleeping bags and other lightweight, bulky gear in the top.
• Outer shell: 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester reinforced with ballistic nylon
• Military-spec fasteners
• Custom-woven ballistic webbing on lower anchor straps
• Nylike webbing compression straps
GREAT BASIN SADDLEBAG FITS VIRTUALLY ANY MOTORCYCLE DESIGNED TO CARRRY A PASSENGER, INCLUDING THESE MOTORCYCLE MAKES & MODELS
• BMW: GS models, etc.
• Ducati: Multistrada, Monster, etc.
• KTM: Adventure models, 690 (w/passenger pegs), etc.
• Honda: Rally Raid Honda CB500X Adventure, Africa Twin, CRF250L, XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, etc.
• Suzuki: V-Strom, DR650, etc.
• Triumph: Tiger, Explorer, etc.
• Yamaha: Super Tenere, WR250, etc. (w/passenger pegs)
• Kawasaki: KLR 650, Versys, Ninja, etc.
• AND JUST ABOUT ANY OTHER BIKE DESIGNED TO CARRY A PASSENGER.
FOR SALE: Giant Loop’s 2010 BMW F800GS
Here’s the run down on Giant Loop’s 2010 BMW F800GS:
- 2010 BMW F800GS purchased new in 2010 by Giant Loop (we are the original owners)
- All scheduled maintenance done by BMW-certified mechanics, plus maintenance records
- 33,200 miles as of today
- New Woody’s front wheel and Galfer rotors ready to install (OEM front wheel will be included w/ bike too)
- Forks rebuilt by Konflict Motorsports
- Ohlins shock plus billet aluminum shock bolt brace
- Rallye Moto steering dampener
- Baja Designs Squadra lights
- Warn Winch – all wired in and ready to use
- Britannia Composites adjustable height windscreen w/ Garmin GPS mount installed
- Moto Overland skid plate
- Moto Overland tail rack
- Advernture-Spec / Guard It Technology engine guards
- Custom seat by Mr. Ed’s Moto
- Touratech luggage rack
- Touratech Hand Guards
- Camel Tank Kit (new in box, not installed)
- Heidenau K60 tires front and rear with lots of tread left
- Machine Art Moto MudSling shock protector
- IMS Adventure Footpegs
- Touratech adjustable shift lever
- SAE charging plug and heated gear plug wired in
$9000 with luggage included (Round The World Pannier w/Touratech mounts, Kiger Tank Bag, Pannier Pockets). Contact us at 888-358-8347 or email ride AT giant loop moto DOT com.
Giant Loop Rider: Photographer Donni Reddington on Husqvarna FE 501 with Klamath Tail Rack Pack, Fandango Pro Tank Bag and GL Fender Bag
From GL Rider and photographer Donni Reddington:
Here’s a few bags at work. My fiancé is working out of town so I borrowed his rear fender bag and loved it!! Tool kit is awesome, stayed on like a champ on rough terrain and my Husky tool kit fit right in it. Of course my tank bag is awesome, the color goes well with my new graphics, ha ha and my camera fits in there perfect. First ride of the season, felt good to get back on the bike! Stoked for spring! Cheers! Donni
How to Use Giant Loop’s Stainless Steel Mounts and Metal Tri-Glide Buckles
Here’s a simple trick to make it virtually impossible for webbing anchor straps to slip out of stainless steel Giant Loop Mounts, even if you forget to tighten straps (we know, “it” happens). By threading a metal tri-glide buckle onto the webbing anchor straps on Giant Loop’s Revelstoke Tunnel Bag, Torngat Tunnel Bag or Giant Loop’s adventure proof motorcycle gear, such as Saddlebags and Panniers, you can create a dead solid, secure anchor point that also functions as a “quick release.” Thank you for choosing Giant Loop for all of your adventures! #golightgofastgofar